For the last 7 years, Overland Expo has put on a weekend long expo all centered around the overland market. This event is designed for the do-it-yourself adventure travel enthusiast, which includes hands-on classes, an exhibitor area, driving courses and much, much more. No matter if you own a 4-wheel drive or you travel on a motorcycle this event has something for everyone.
Overland Expo WEST is Friday, May 12 – Sunday, May 14.
So why should you attend?
- This year’s event is at a beautiful new location only minutes from downtown Flagstaff at Fort Tuthill. With the new location it’s shaping up to be the biggest show yet. If you aren’t familiar with Flagstaff, AZ, it is the gateway to the Grand Canyon and Four Corners region, it’s also only a short drive to stunning Sedona. The venue is tucked away in a cool ponderosa pine forest. There will be plenty of camping, food vendors, and miles of trails for walking or riding. Hotels, restaurants, and shopping are just a short drive into Flagstaff. Turtleback Trailers is proud to be a title sponsor. You can find Turtleback Trailers on the East side of the exhibit grounds – look for banners throughout the event.
- Are you looking for new camping gear, equipment or anything else outdoor related? If so, you are in luck this year’s event has over 250 exhibitors. Check out all the vendors here. Turtleback Trailers will have an exhibit full of their trailers and even a few in the build phase to understand the craftsmanship put into the trailers. The exhibit will include the Exhibition Trailer (this is the flagship trailer designed for long, adventure trips ), the Weekend Trailer (this trailer is a little smaller/lighter and designed for shorter trips of 5 – 7 days), the Getaway trailer (this is the lightest weight trailer only weighing 900 lbs and a perfect fit for the camper with all the gear), and finally the newest trailer the Turtlebacker (this trailer gives you all the features of the other trailers but also allows you to carry up to 2-4 motorcycles or 2-3 quads).
- There are over 170+ different classes, slideshows demos & other programs that are available to attend during the show. Just a few example of classes include: overland driving skills, wilderness survival tips, how to choose the right equipment for your needs, cooking classes, how to properly deflate and inflate tires (& why it’s important), and so much more to list. Join Turtleback Trailers on the exhibit floor for the Friday night Luau. Food, drinks, games for the kids, ugly Hawaiian shirt contest and a chance to mingle with Turtleback Trailer owners will all be included in the event. The Luau will start at 7PM.
- You can’t have an overland event that is all about the outdoors without having camping, right? That’s why there is there will be on-site & nearby camping for everyone! You can learn more about the camping options here. An exciting part of owning a Turtleback Trailer is being a part of the owner’s group, Herd of Turtles. The Herd of Turtles is sponsoring a group camp out during the Overland Expo. Look for the Herd of Turtle signs in the on-site camping area and find out all the great events Turtleback Trailers sponsors throughout the year.
- Other fun events during Overland Expo WEST include food vendors, daily happy hours and Sunday morning’s walkabout breakfast in the exhibitor area. Don’t forget Sunday is Mother’s Day and at the Turtleback Trailers exhibit will be hosting a Mother’s Day pancake breakfast. The Mother’s Day celebration will be complete with kids tables that will allow them to make their mom’s a homemade Mother’s Day card.
BONUS – If all of those reasons weren’t enough to attend how about entering into the Overland Expo COOL RIDE! Contest. Are you proud of your two, four, or six-wheeled rig? If so, enter your ride today here. The contest ends April 26th- don’t wait!!
Overland Expo WEST has a few attendance options. You can opt for the full weekend, all-inclusive option which is called Overland Experience. Or you can chose weekend passes with/ or without camping, or simply a one-day pass. To learn more about the event, registering and camping options, please visit Overland Expo WEST website here. The event is open Friday, May 12 from 9 – 5, Saturday, May 13 from 8 – 5, and Sunday, May 14 from 8 – 3.
If you attend, please stop by and say “hello” to the Turtleback crew! Happy Overlanding!